Saturday, April 11, 2009

12,896 Days


Janie and I have been married 12,895 days. Every single one of those days I have acted like a happily married man. It has not been difficult to do so for I have daily reminders that I am married. I have a ring on my finger. I have clothes which were formerly dirty that every day show up in my closet which I did not clean nor put there. Janie will just not let me forget that I am married so every day I have remembered and acted accordingly. There has never been a day in the past 12,895 that I was ashamed of or tried to hide the fact that I was a married man. I have been a born again child of God for some 16,986 days. I just wish that I had acted like I was a child of God all those days. I wish that I could say that I had never forgotten that I was a christian. I wish that I could say that there was never a day in the past 16,986 that I was ashamed of or tried to hide the fact that I was a saved person. Why has it been so difficult to remember that I am bought with a price and am not my own? Why would I ever be ashamed of the one who died for me? Why have I treated my Lord and Savior so badly when every day He feeds me and cares for me. He sustains me and provides for my every need yet I give him a half hearted service. Lord, I am not worthy of the least of thy blessings.
Tomorrow we celebrate Easter. Jesus is alive and He doeth all things well. I am looking forward to the services tomorrow. Click on the link in the right hand column and listen to our broadcast live. The picture is one I took of our auditorium from the sound room. It is the view that my son and his family see when they watch our services via SKYPE. God bless you.

No comments: