Sunday, February 22, 2009

Prayer Request Welcomed

This picture is of the house my grandfather, Andrew Nutt, built back in the early 1950's. We spent many happy hours playing in the barn yard behind this house. The place has changed a lot since I was a kid. I took the picture just a couple of weeks ago. I have a picture of the barn also and will post it on a future blog. It has begun to fall down and looks to be in very bad shape.
I feel like the coach of a football team. When the Sunday game is over they start working immediately on the next Sunday's game. As soon as our services are over and I have turned out the lights and locked the doors to the building its off we go to get the weeks work done. It will be a busy week as usual. Monday will be spent getting ready for next Sunday. I will start to work on the sermon for Sunday morning right after my prayer time and my daily Bible reading. I have to go to the post office and mail some packages all of which are church related. I need to get "From the Pastor" done by tomorrow for next Sunday's bulletin. Tuesday will find me spending some time with my grand kids and then Tuesday night I will be preaching in Waco. Wednesday I will get ready for the staff meeting and mid week services. Thursday is my day off and I hope to go for a hike. Friday is thesis day and then Saturday will find me working on the Sunday School lesson and the Sunday night sermon. That is how I expect my week to go but as is often the case all these plans will be shot.

We had very good services today and our attendance was up at both services. Our new song director is doing a splendid job. The special music we had today was outstanding. Those of you who read this blog are in my prayers. If you will leave me a comment containing your name, city, state, country, and prayer request; I will add you to my prayer list and mention you to God by name. Rest assured that I will not publish your prayer request comment. I monitor all comments made on this blog and only publish the ones I deem appropriate. God bless you.

No comments: