Friday, February 6, 2009

On the Road again


This is the view I had for two hours Thursday. I like to get 2 seconds behind a big truck and benefit from his draft. We ended up with 56 miles to the gallon on our 3 1/2 hour drive to Mt. Pleasant. I took a picture of the dash board that shows us averaging 52.6 miles to the gallon. Notice also that we are doing 60 mph in a 70 mph zone and that the temperature was 70 degrees. I love winter weather in Texas.
We had a good mission conference. The speaker preached on effective prayer and it was excellent. Prayer is the weakest part of my christian walk. I am so glad I was able to attend this conference. I have made a commitment to God that I will pray as I should and when I should. I frequently ignore the leadership of the Holy Spirit of God and go my own way. I am determined to stop this practice and start following His lead. Pray for me that God will help me to keep this commitment.
We are in Henderson tonight and I plan to head for bed right after I am through with this blog post. I plan to take a long walk in the morning and then work on my doctoral prospectus. We will head back to Hillsboro right after the ordination service tomorrow. I am fired up for this Sunday's sermon and can't wait to share God's Word with God's people. I love preaching more now than I ever have. God bless you.

No comments: