Saturday, February 21, 2009

Memories


My youngest daughter came over for a visit this evening. We went out to eat and returned home where my daughter came across some home movies and we spent the rest of the evening watching them. These movies were taken 15 years ago and it is amazing how people change in just 15 years. We watched a video of my ordination service and enjoyed again my father-in-law's sermon. I am going to copy this video to DVD to preserve it. It is the only video of him preaching, as far as we know. It also shows my father presenting me with the Bible. Before they left my daughter went through a box in the garage that had some dishes in it that we were going to get rid of. It contained a blue metal cup that I used back when I was 8 years old. She could not believe that I was going to get rid of it. She took it with her to preserve the memory. We had a really good time and are looking forward to seeing our other daughter Tuesday next week.

My brother's were suppose to go hiking together today and I hope that all went well. I plan to call them tomorrow and see how it went. I am looking forward to the services tomorrow. I love to teach and preach the Word of God. The picture is of a room that I and my brother Ralph (left) will never forget, the events in this room will abide in our memories for a long time. God bless you.

1 comment:

Anastacia Maness said...

Hey, Dad, I found out from Sarah that Justin came with her. You made it sound like she came by herself. I wondered what happened to him. :) So thought a comment that he was there too, would help clear that up.