Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Alamo


Today I got to see the Alamo for the first time. It is amazing that the defenders of the Alamo knew that they would not survive but chose to stay and fight. I am glad I got to see this special place. My wife had seen it when she was a child and it was not as she had remembered. Earlier in the day we saw the Cave Without a Name. The tour guide took our picture. We were the only ones taking the tour. Three children under the age of 11 were the first to explore this cave back in the 1930's. As a kid I would have loved to have had such a place in my backyard.
We went shopping at the outlet mall in San Marcos and ate at the Cracker Barrel there. We are back at home in Hillsboro for the night and will head over to Henderson some time tomorrow. I am looking forward to hearing my son-in-law preach Sunday morning.

No comments: