Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Knickknacks


My wife placed these knickknacks, seen in this photo taken with my cell phone, in our guest bathroom. I go through life often not taking notice of such small things. You could ask me to describe what pictures are hanging on the walls of our guest rooms and I could not do it. I wonder how much beauty there is in this world that I never notice. When I hike I try to take in all the wonders of nature. There are so many small things that add up to make one beautiful world. When I read through the Bible I often come across small things that I had never noticed before.

I have made significant progress on the jigsaw puzzle as you can tell from the pictures I have posted. I bought my wife a pair of pants from LL Bean and they came in today. They are the female version of the pants I wear when I hike. They are very light weight and cool plus they protect you from the sun. We plan to do some day hiking together.
Tomorrow we will be busy getting ready for our mid-week Bible school and getting ready for the missions conference we will attend on Thursday and Friday. We have 2 seats to install on the bus and I hope they go back in better than the one we worked on today came out. I have the Sunday school lesson ready to go and all I lack now is the sermon for Sunday night and a few finishing touches on the sermon for Sunday morning. I walked 4 miles today and am caught up on my Bible readings. God bless you.

No comments: