Friday, February 13, 2009

Gary Texas


My mother was born and raised in Gary, Texas. I went over to her house to do some work but we chose not to work but to visit. I took her out to eat and while we were eating I told her that I would like to go over to Gary to look around for I had not been there in a long time. She suggested that we go and so off we went. We went to the church where she was saved and baptized. The cemetery there is the resting place for her mother's people and some of her father's people. The picture is of my mother standing next to the tomb stone of her great grandmother. This great grandmother is the one remembered for pouring boiling water on my grandfather's dog. The second picture is of a bridge where my mother spun her car around and ended up cross ways one dark night. All five of us kids were in the car and she was really shook up. The bridge back then was wooden and very narrow with no guard rails. I remember this event but did not understand the seriousness of it at the time. This happened in 1961 when I was 8 years old. All in all it has been a good day and I am looking forward to spending the day sight seeing with my wife tomorrow. Janie and I just returned from a 1 hour walk along a quite country road. It was a good way to end a day. God bless you.

No comments: