Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Answered prayer


I had at least 2 prayers answered today. One was answered almost instantly and the second 12 hours later. I should not have been so amazed by this but I was. I spent about an hour and a half in prayer this morning when I first arrived at my office. I was so excited by the answer to my prayer that I called Janie and asked her to come to my office so I could tell her about it. It is an amazing story that I may share with you some time on this blog. I attended a lunch meeting with five other pastors in town and the sponsor of this meeting is going to put our picture in the local paper. I enjoyed visiting with them. They asked about the progress of my doctoral work and were curious about why I had chosen the Song of Solomon. I shared with them what I call "the big question" about the Song of Songs and it seem to spark their interest. I did not answer "the big question" for them so they will have to wait until I publish the book. We went down to Waco this evening and met with the Faith church there at a nursing home. It was a good service and sweet fellowship. Tomorrow morning Janie and I will bolt down the four seats on the bus that have just been recovered and then spend the rest of the day getting ready for the mid week Bible school. I will be teaching the adult class from Philippians chapter four. It is a chapter that I was required to memorize when I was in seminary.

I got to talk to my sister who lives near Vail, Colorado. The picture is one I took with Skype. We really enjoyed talking to her. I hope we can do this at least once a week. I took other pictures of her with a funny hat on and holding a toy monkey but thought she might not want that picture on the world wide web. The other picture is of me standing in front of the building where the defenders of the Alamo made their last stand. The fighting inside this building was mostly hand to hand and very violent. The men that died here bought time for Sam Houston and his army.
God bless you.

No comments: