Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Early Morning


I went to bed about 9:00 last night and got up about 2:30 this morning. I could not sleep so thought I would get up and read a while. I read 23 chapters in the Bible and then worked on my doctoral thesis. I am now at almost 3000 words which is 60% done. I believe that God may drive sleep from your eyes sometimes so that you can do His work. I almost regret being on vacation. I want to get back to my office and get some work done. It is hard to enjoy vacation when your heart is not in it. I felt Sunday that it would be good to get away on vacation and took that to mean that God was in it. I am not so sure this morning.
The picture is of a wedding I officiated a while back at our church. The couple are members of our church. I have not a wedding yet this year. I also have not baptized anyone in a very long time. I am in prayer that this will be a busy year for baptisms and weddings but not funerals. God bless you.

No comments: