Friday, February 20, 2009

1974


In 1974 I needed to go to a dentist and so Janie made me an appointment with Dr. Hurt. He is still my dentist today. I took this picture today of Janie standing between Dr. Hurt and his assistant of 26 years. He has in one of his rooms a ceramic figure of a dentist holding a tooth with a pair of pliers. I have always liked Dr. Hurt even though many times he has scolded me like I was a step child over my lack of dental prudence. One of the things that has been amazing to me is the lack of change in this dentist's office. They have never had a computer in the office. He still has the same couch in the waiting room that was there in the 60's. There is something comforting about things remaining the same. I can remember my grandparents house and how things seemed to always be the same every time I went there. The furniture and house were always just like I left them. There have been tremendous changes in the past 35 years. It is comforting to return every six months to an oasis, a place that is just like I left it in 1974.
In Malachi 3:6 you will find these words "For I am the LORD, I change not..." God never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. There is great comfort when you know that God is always the same. Men may fail you, men may change, but God will not. He loves us and always has. He is right where you left Him when the cares of this world have taken you away. God bless you.

No comments: