Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pleasant Distractions


Some distractions are good. When those distractions are grand kids they are grand. I have not blogged for a few days because my grandchildren have been to see us. They will be leaving today and I am at the office getting some work done. The picture is of my grandson, Joshua, cutting up a limb in our backyard. He is 10 years old and he handled that power saw like he had 10 years of experience; I was amazed and very proud. I have a meeting here in a few minutes with a man who is going to coordinate our new church directory. We have not made a church directory since 2003. The church voted to do one and today's meeting will set that in motion. I just finished "From the Pastor" and am working on the sermon for Sunday. I need to email our music director the subject of the sermon so he can pick out the songs for Sunday. We will be in Henderson Thursday and Friday. Janie's dad has several doctor's appointments, tests, and treatments. Both days will be really long and hard on her for they start early and stay late over in Tyler. I will take my day off to get some work done on the Clark place. I have taken to calling it the Clark place for it belongs to Janie and me even though for the last 6 years others have lived there. It cost us just a few hundred dollars in taxes to own and keep the 7 1/2 acres and two houses I call the Clark place. We rented it out one time back in the late 70's to a couple who made a mess of the place. We were living in Houston at the time. Since that time we have allowed family only to live on the place and we do not charge them rent for they are family. Well I better get back to work. God bless you.

No comments: