Thursday, July 8, 2010

You Know You Are In a Small Town When....

I took my father-in-law to a doctor in Longview today and that went well. I took him also to a dentist in a small town called Tatum.  You know it is a small town when you drive up to the dentist's office and the dentist is outside working on his own A/C unit.  We were not there long.  I took a walk this morning while waiting for my father-in-law to get ready.  After about a mile of walking I saw a fox coming down the road toward me carrying what looked like a large rodent which had a long tail.  The fox stopped and stood perfectly still for the longest time.  I did the same.  I wondered which of us would move first.  After a couple of minutes the fox turned and took off in the opposite direction.  Where is my camera when I need it?  
I worked on camp registration today.  I had to assign dorms putting no more than 24 campers per dorm while putting churches together that wanted to be together in the same dorm.  It was a juggling act but I got it done.  Tomorrow I plan to install a radio in our car.  I installed my first car radio in 1971.  My brand new 1971 VW Super Beetle did not come with a radio, (what do you expect for $2,085.00).  I bought one and installed it myself. I never dreamed I would be doing the same thing 39 years later.  The picture is of a picture of Janie when she was a baby.  It hangs on the living room wall at my in-law's house.   God bless you.

No comments: