Monday, July 5, 2010

No, The Split Rapture People Were Not Right


One might have thought that I left this world since it has been so long since my last post but that is not the case. I have been too busy to blog. Saturday we returned to Hillsboro via Canton.  We had a good time there and picked up a few things.  It was Stacie's first time at Canton and we walked her and the kids hard in an attempt of see as much as possible and to find that for which we were seeking.  I drove the kids home in the van and Janie and Stacie followed in the car.  I made it home with only one rest stop.  Sunday our attendance was up thanks to hurricane Alex cutting short our song director's vacation. It was a good day. Justin and Sarah came for our evening services and stayed the night.  We all went over to Corsicana to see the fireworks and they were really good.  Today Sarah made our breakfast and then Janie and I went to the nursing home for services there.  We returned home and ate lunch with the crew and then we made homemade ice cream.  It was really good and hit the spot on a hot day.  The kids went outside afterward and played with the water hose.  They had a really good time.  
I have spent a lot of time today on camp.  It has not gone as well as I would have liked. I have had to make a lot of phone calls to track down people and churches that have not turned in their registration.  I told myself I would not do that this year.  We have 11 churches registered at present with a total of 201 campers.
We have Ladies Bible Study in the morning and I need to get the oil changed in my car tomorrow.  I also need to go to the bank, post office, get the church bus inspected and registered, check out Stacie's van brakes to see if they need servicing before her trip, get the bulletin for Sunday ready, and mow the yard.  I will help straiten things up for the Ladies Bible Study before I head off to bed. Hope you enjoy the pictures I took today.  God bless you.

No comments: