Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Attendance

This picture is one I took with my cell phone Saturday night.  Janie keeps song books in the hall closet and had sat down on the floor to look through them.  It was our turn to sing the special for our Sunday service.  At age 57 sitting on the floor is not one of my favorite things to do.  Janie does this frequently and with little or no effort.  I saw her on the floor so I thought I would give it a try.  It was not as bad as I thought it might be.  I sat in, what I refer to as, the yoga position and my hips complained.  I ignored their plea not willing to be outdone by Janie's cheerleader like flexibility.  This only lasted for a few minutes and I assumed a more comfortable position, legs strait out and lean against the wall.  We soon found a couple of songs to try and rising from the floor was much quicker and easier than I had imagined.  I may make a regular habit of this sitting on the floor.  Its not that bad. 

We had a huge leap in attendance at church today.  A lot of visitors and many of our regulars were back.  It was good to see such a big crowd in church.  There is a good crowd of kids right now at the fellowship hall. They are going to spend the night there so they will be ready to go at 5:30 in the morning.  They are all excited about camp.  They may not sleep at all tonight.  The sponsor that is staying with them may not get much sleep either but she does work nights at a hospital so she may be use to staying up.  It is going to be crowed on the bus.  It is true that it can seat 59 but when you have all their luggage and some of these kids are big and we will only be able to sit 2 to a seat in most cases it is going to get crowded.  I am the only one with a license to drive the bus so my seat is assured.  I expect we will have a great time at camp. 
I talked with my mother this afternoon and the wound that she has on her leg from her fall the other day is not doing well.  She is going to go see the doctor about it in the morning. I am anxious to hear what he has to say so I am going to give her a call tomorrow afternoon. 
We talked to Jason (pictured with me holding him just a few years ago) and his family.  The boys are running fever but seemed to be doing OK.  Angie is doing well and we are really looking forward to our vacation with them.  I am very proud of my son.  He is doing a great work for the Lord in France.   
I better get busy now and finish up my loose ends. I will most likely not blog again until Friday.  Should I have some quiet time I may blog at camp to let you know how things are going.  God bless you.

No comments: