Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dream

Thursday night I had gone to bed about 10:30 and I woke up from a dream about 3:30 in the morning.  Janie had not yet come to bed so I went and checked on her. She was still working. She finally came to bed about 4:30.  The dream was very unusual.  I will not put here the details of the dream but summarize it.  I was behaving in my dream the way I should behave every day of my life.  I was acting like a minister, preacher, or pastor ought to act.  I was doing exactly what the Lord called me to do.  It was a disturbing dream.  I am almost nothing like the person I was in the dream.  I can not get it out of my mind and I don't want to get it out of my mind.  It has caused me to feel guilty and that is a good thing.  I plan to take action and strive daily to be like the person I was in that dream.  Does God speak to us in dreams today?  I am thinking that He certainly can if He so desires.  I caution the reader to be careful here.  Hold your dream beside the plumb line of the scriptures before deciding that it was a dream from God.  In my case there is no doubt the the Paul Clark of the dream is what God wants of the Paul Clark who had the dream.  Thank you LORD for showing me such a plain image and illustration of what I should be and what I should do.
Some roll reversal took place this afternoon.  Janie mowed her parents yard (pictured) while I helped my mother-in-law with her church treasurer responsibilities.  Normally Janie helps her mother with such things but for some reason Janie wanted to mow and so I took care of helping her mother.  Both jobs got done and at least hers was done very well.
Another church emailed me they were late registering for camp so I have just made those adjustments to our camp numbers.  We now have 264 signed up for camp.  Tomorrow I plan to get the church van ready to go for camp on Monday.  I will pack my bag and have it ready to go.  God bless you.

No comments: