Friday, July 2, 2010

Wet Tires

Janie and I left the house this morning at about 8:30.  We encountered a lot of rain which slowed us way down.  It took a half hour longer than normal to get to Henderson.  Janie took her mother to Tyler and I went over to my mother's to help her with her TV.  She had requested, even demanded, that I turn off her Dish Network TV because she did not watch it much.  I had it turned off and today I installed an indoor TV antenna. She now gets 8 channels and two of those are Spanish speaking.  She said she just wanted the local news and weather.  When we got it going there was nothing of interest to her on the TV.  I told her to check between 5:00 and 7:00 and there should be news and weather on.  I got the ladder out and got the transponder off of the satellite dish on her house. I packed up her Dish Network hardware and have it in my trunk to send back.  Mother is doing well, and I enjoyed my visit with her.  I left her house to meet Stacie at the tire place.  They found that where the tire had been patched they had missed the nail that was still in the tire.  The man pulled the nail out but said the three times the tire had been repaired before made the tire no good.  I agreed completely so they put a new tire on her van.  Stacie took off to see my mother and I returned to my in-law's house.  My father-in-law has been home alone all afternoon.  He was sleeping soundly when I arrived so I did not wake him.  I thought I might check my emails and blog first.  The rain has stopped for now.  When the grandkids arrive later we will try to go for a long walk.  Tomorrow we will head back to Hillsboro.  The picture is one I took of  Janie a month or so ago. I met her July 11th, 1973. I have bought her an anniversary gift, in honor of that great occasion 37 years ago, but she does not know it yet. It is coming in the mail and should arrive by the end of next week. God bless you.

No comments: