Monday, August 31, 2009

Git-R-Dun


"They are going to have to fight me for it" I replied when two of the ladies who bring devotionals at the nursing home on Monday mornings showed up. It is rare that all three three of us show up at the nursing home at the same time. I led the singing and preached a sermon that I had prepared Sunday night after church. It was a good service with about 50 or so residents attending. Sunday services went very well. The first picture is of a mother and daughter singing a special right before I got up to preach. These two sing very well and the song they chose was perfect for the sermon. The second picture I place here only because I often take and post candid snap shots of Janie and use them often against her wishes. She took this candid shot while I was preaching and as pay back for all the pictures I have posted of her I will post this one of me.
Clint's mother sent me the following text message: "As everyone knows, we are at Zale Lipshy hospital for rehab and it is going great. Thanks to a lot of prayers and God's grace Clint is well on his way back. God is great and thanks to all for everything." He is doing well. He is able to wear his regular clothes and they have had him walking up and down stairs. Hopefully he will get out of the hospital soon though he will have to return each day at first for therapy. I join with her and thank you for your prayers for him.
I had more on my plate today than I could get done. That use to bother me a lot but now I know that most things will keep until the next day. I have tried to properly prioritize my tasks and work on them as efficiently as I could. Having done my best I will leave the rest for tomorrow. God bless you.

No comments: