Friday, August 28, 2009

The House of Mourning

It is better, the Scripture says, to go unto the house of mourning than to the house of feasting. Those who work in a nursing home have, perhaps, a better work place than those who work in a nursery if for no other reason than perspective. If the day of ones death is better than the day of ones birth as the Scriptures have said, then funerals are better than birthday parties. Our first order of business today was to attend a funeral. There were about 30 people there and unlike a lot of funerals there was no grave side service. We made our way back to Hillsboro where I went to the bank with our missions treasurer to help him with some bank business. Our church voted to pay off the language school over in France and we went there to see about a wire transfer. It did not go well. While Janie was at curves this afternoon I took a walk and got in a little over three miles. Supper consisted of half a baked potato while watching the news. After I finish this blog post I will try to take care of some loose ends, relax for a bit then head for bed. The picture is of my newest son-in-law sitting on his bunk at camp. I took the picture while sitting on my bunk. God bless you.

No comments: