Tuesday, August 18, 2009

56


Our day began early when Janie and I loaded a dead electric scooter into the back of a van. We showered, dressed and at 7:00 departed for the Hospital. We spent most of the day there while one of our church members was having surgery. During the surgery I took the dead scooter to the repair shop and waited there till it was finished. I got back to the hospital where we continued to wait. After the doctor said the surgery was successful we ate lunch at the hospital and headed back to Henderson. We stopped at the bank and then at Wal-mart to get some gas and a birthday cake. We picked up some sandwiches at Whataburger for Janie's parents. While they ate their lunch in the den Janie and I had a birthday party in the kitchen. Just her and I eating cake together. It was good. I finished installing a new light switch which now gives her light in the lower cabinets. After that job was through I went to the den and shelled some peas.

The hike with my brother is on for tomorrow morning at 6:o0 so I got my day pack loaded and ready to go except for water, which I will do in the morning. I look forward to doing 15 miles with him and we have a lot to talk about. Janie will spend the day with her parents and then Thursday morning we will head for Hillsboro. The pictures are of my day today. I am going to go for a walk this evening with Janie and then retire early. God bless you.

No comments: