Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Diet

I love a diet where you never get hungry. This picture is of a typical breakfast meal. It consists of a glass of juice, one egg, and one piece of sausage. I have discovered that I am no longer allergic to peanuts. I ate half a peanut butter sandwich for lunch today and it was so good.
We had an extra long Bible study session this morning. You know your are enjoying a study and discussion when the time gets away from you. I like small group Bible Study.
We had a strong thunder storm come through this afternoon and lost some limbs out of the trees. After the storm passed we visited at the hospital and then went to visit two of the families from our church that live north of town. The first stop we made they had just lost 2 trees to the storm. One of them in the front yard and one in the back. It just blew them right over. The second visit we made they had had no rain at all. We returned home to watch the news while we ate supper and then got back to work critiquing a paper written by one of my fellow pastors.

Bro. Davis was feeling some better today and Sis. Davis' sister is near death. They are under a lot of stress right now and I ask you to pray for them. Clint is still doing well and making good progress. They still have high hopes that his right hand will not lose any fingers. I was told he ate two hamburgers the other day so it sounds like he is doing well. We are all looking forward to the day he comes home from the hospital.

I still need to do some work on the sermon for Sunday and I have not yet prepared for the Sunday school lesson. Sunday afternoon I will be preaching at the nursing home. I have a sermon ready for that service and for Monday morning when I will be preaching at the nursing home again. I just wanted to stop and blog a little before proceeding with the next job. I find it best to get your work done early in the week because you never know what is going to come up. God bless you.

No comments: