Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day by Day



We had a baby shower for a couple at our church this afternoon. It was very well attended as you can see from this picture. I was asked to call out the names of those who gave the gifts as they were opened. They got a lot of nice things.

I am enjoying the writing of the Tribman blog. It is a strange thing to be the author and creator of a fictional character. I have complete control over what happens to him. I can make his day go well or cause it to be full of misery. Its kind of like what God can do for us. God has set forth a wonderful promise in His Holy Word and it goes like this: All things work together for good to them that love the Lord and are the called, according to His purpose. I love the words to this old song written by Lina Sandell:



Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for! fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.



Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow'r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.



Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.



I plan to spend the night with Clint Rogers Tuesday. He will have to put up with me from about 6:00 pm to 9:00 Wednesday morning. I am looking forward to it even though it will cost me a nights sleep. I may blog from his room and let him send you all a message. He might like to check his email since I know he has not done that in over 107 days. I expect his in-box will be pretty full.
Better head for bed. I will preach at the nursing home in the morning and go to the bank and post office also. Tuesday morning will be Ladies Bible Study and Tuesday night will be spent waiting on Clint. Wednesday I will take a nap and then get ready for the services. Thursday and Friday will see us in Henderson taking Janie's parents to there separate doctor's appointments. Janie's shoulder was much better today. God bless you.

No comments: