Friday, August 14, 2009

Threadsalve


Well there has been a change in plans. Due to a problem at the church in Elkhart I will not be preaching revival services next week. We plan to go ahead with our vacation. We are going to go to Moss Hill tomorrow and visit with our grandchildren (Stacie and Scott too). Sunday morning will be spent sitting next to our grandchildren while my son-in-law preaches the morning service. I look forward to hearing him again for he did an outstanding job at church camp. We will return to Henderson Sunday night so I can take my car to the shop Monday morning. Tuesday my brother and I will go hiking and I'm looking forward to that. Wednesday is still up in the air as to where we will be but sometime that night we will be back in Hillsboro. Our grand kids are coming to Hillsboro on Thursday and staying through Saturday and that will be fun.

My wife's Uncle Trenton wanted to go check on his "meadows." He wanted to see if they were ready to be harvested for hay. They were and as we drove through the fields he kept pointing out that the field had a lot of Threadsalve (Western Horse Nettle) in it. The little flower you see in the picture is Threadsalve. It has sharp stickers on it's stems and it's fruit is poisonous to livestock. We had a good time together and again he taught me much about ranching.
I had a good visit with Bro. Davis yesterday. We did a few chores around his house and got in a good visit. He is taking Chemo and his first dose has not bothered him yet. He fully expects to be filling in for me Sunday and though he was tired today he said he felt fine.
My fees are paid at school and I have ordered a Bible software that is required for all Seminary students. The $100 versions is required but I wanted the $400 version so that is what I ordered. It contains a huge library of books and other resources and will be a big help in my research of the Song of Songs. It should be at the house when I get back home.
Well I have a bit of electrical work to do in my mother-in-law's kitchen so before it gets too late I better get to work. God bless you.

No comments: