Friday, August 21, 2009

Stacini


Stacini is a nick name I have for my oldest daughter (pictured here with her 2 sons). It is pronounced "stay-seen-knee." We had a good day with her, her kids, and her husband. They head home tomorrow and I may or may not be headed for Tyler in the morning. The church member that had surgery may need help getting back to Hillsboro so we may need to go there in the morning. I called bro. Davis today and the chemo is taking its toll on him. He was not feeling well at all. I almost dropped what I was doing to head strait to his house to help and encourage him. He seemed a little low. If we do go to Tyler we may make a quick stop in to see him before going to the hospital there.

I made a foxhole radio but it does not work. I think the razor blade or the "cat whisker" may be the problem. When I have it working properly I will post pictures and the story of how I made it. I really like my day pack. It is small and light and holds what you need for a full days hike. In one of its pockets I have placed some survival items in the event I was to get lost in the woods. It contains a first aid kit, fire starter, emergency blanket, whistle, compass, and a rain poncho. I am going to take it on the hike with my brothers in October.

Well I better head for bed in case I have to head out early for Tyler. This second picture is of my mother-in-law admiring the new lights in her lower cabinets. God bless you.

No comments: