Sunday, August 9, 2009

Work Station


This picture is of me at my work station. In our evening services I preached a sermon from the Song of Songs. I will start back to school this week and will begin the work on the Song of Songs by translating the book into English. I have finished translating the first chapter and will start on the second this week. I will be carefully comparing my translation with others and will also look at the Septuagint which is the Greek translation of the Old Testament. This process alone will give me a greater understanding of the dialog and narrative. It will be tedious work but very rewarding.
Tomorrow after the nursing home service I plan to mow the yard and trim some trees here at the parsonage. I need to clean out the garage and since it will be 100 tomorrow I plan to eat lots of watermelon and drink plenty of water. God bless you.

No comments: