Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lights On


My son-in-law, Scott, gets to his church early each Sunday morning to turn on the A/C and lights. This Sunday Morning I went over early as well and found him vacuuming the carpet. He and his family sang a special and it was very good (See the picture). Scott and I went to a cafe just a mile or so north of their house and got some hamburgers for lunch. I also bought 2 pies which were outstanding. We had a good visit and then about 3:00 we headed back to Henderson. We took a nap first thing since both of Janie's parents were napping when we arrived. After supper I installed some lights in the kitchen pantry, one light for each shelf (see the second picture). I also secured some wires that were hanging down under the stove top and now the pans fit a little better under there.

I will rise early in the morning and go over to Tyler to have our car worked on at the dealer. They had to order a part for it and it came in. I have already paid them so there will be no charge. I need to call one of my church members to see if he is going to have surgery in the morning or not. If he is I will run over there for that surgery while I am in Tyler.

I talked with Bro. Davis and he said he was pretty tired out. He ended up driving to Hillsboro Sunday morning instead of Saturday night. He went to the parsonage for the afternoon and took a nap. I will go by his house tomorrow to get the key to the parsonage back. I suspect that this will be the last time for a while that He will be able to fill in for me when I am gone.

Well I am going to work on next weeks Tribman then head for bed. God bless you.

No comments: