Thursday, August 6, 2009

Good night Clint


I had a good night with Clint there in Parkland Hospital. We started off with a movie and then turned the lights out so he could get some sleep. He slept in increments of 10 minutes. He just could not get comfortable. His arms are in braces which cause him to be unable to move them at the elbow. His left hand looks good but the right is not so good. A few times he asked me to tell him something and when I asked what he said anything. I talked at length about the Song of Songs and about the Resurrection and rapture of the saints. I told him the story of a hiker who has hiked the PCT many times. I told him about my hiking experiences and out of all this talking I am not sure how much of it he got. The lights were out and I could not see his face so he may have slept through most of my ramblings. I like Clint, he is a hard working, honest, young man. I got to the hospital about 8:30 and left the next morning about 8:30. I did not sleep at all and he kept me busy needing something about every 15 minutes. I hope to spend another night with him soon, I know that his mother sure could use the break.

We are in Henderson today and spent the day with the Taylor's at their doctor's appointments. We dropped our car off at the dealer to have the timing belt, water pump, and other work done on it. It will cost about $1000.oo in all but if beats walking so I won't complain. In my younger days I might have tackled the job myself but not now. We are going to work on some projects here at my in-law's house tonight and tomorrow. We will pick up the car late tomorrow afternoon. The picture is of me and four of the six boys we took to church camp this summer. We had a good time. God bless you.

No comments: