Monday, August 10, 2009

Tree Trimming


I cut a large limb off of one of the trees in the front yard today. It was hitting the roof and needed to be cut off. I started early before it reached that 100 degree mark. I got it cut up and Janie helped me move the pile to the side of the street. I worked on the bulletin for Sunday after next and have it ready to go. The nursing home has been quarantined so we did not have services there this morning. I used the day to get ahead on some work since I will be on vacation next week.

This first picture was taken in our Teen class Sunday morning. The teacher of that class also teaches High School in Hillsboro. Her lessons are very effective. This lesson was about proper foundations. The second picture is of the Sun set as seen from our church parking lot. You can see the church bus waiting for our mid-week Bible School to start back up. We have the letters to put the name on the side of it and will try to get that done before long. We have a meeting for those who will help work in the Bible School this Wednesday. It is my prayer that we will have enough workers to keep it going.
I am going to attempt building my foxhole radio this week. I will take lots of pictures and share them here.
Clint had surgery today and this is the text message I got from his mother: "Surgery grafted chest again went ok but in lots of pain" He has a long road ahead of him and many obstacles to overcome. Please utter a prayer for him even now.
I have already composed the next episode of Tribman but will not post it until Saturday. Tomorrow night we will be going to Cleburne, Texas. The mother of one of our church members died and the family visitation will be there at the funeral home. The funeral will be Wednesday morning at 11:00 so we plan to return to Cleburne to attend that as well.
(Ecc 7:2) "It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart." God bless you.

No comments: