Saturday, August 8, 2009

Last Week Before School


This ends our last week before school. I will pay my fees next week and start working on that Doctor's degree. We had a busy time in Henderson. We ended by stopping in for a visit with Bro. and Sis. Davis. He begins Chemo Therapy next week so please pray for him. I plan to go with him for his treatments each week and then continue pouring water on his hands as long as I can.

I was able to get a light installed under the upper corner cabinet in my mother-in-law's kitchen. I also beveled and sanded the sharp edges of the counter top. Janie cut her finger on the counter and that moved that project to the top of my list of things to do. I put about an 1/8 inch radius on the edges of the counter and sanded them real good. I removed the threshold from the door between the kitchen and the hall way and replaced it with a metal one. It is much smoother for the electric wheelchair to pass over. It does not look as good as the one that was there but it is much more comfortable for her.

We spent over a $1000 on our car Friday. The extended warranty we purchased covered one of the things that needed to be repaired except for the $100 deductible. The car now has a new timing belt and water pump and should be good for another 90,000 miles.
The picture is of our granddaughter, Hannah sleeping in the cafeteria at church camp. I am going to now go and compose the next episode of Tribman. God bless you.

No comments: