Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Carried Away


Okay, so I got carried away. Getting carried away means you have lost control. Temperance is a virtue and temperance means self control. I worked last night on the next episode of Tribman. After composing that episode I had the story line in my head and was anxious to see the story progress. I stayed up until 2:00 A. M. and wrote a total of three episodes. It was like the opposite of writer's block. I just could not stop. I have never written fiction before. I use to like fiction books when I was a kid. Writing fiction is fun. I had to have a general idea before starting of the basic story line with its plot and inevitable climax. As any educated person can tell I have never taken a writing course and those who know the rules of good writing could compose a long list of mistakes I've made. Regardless I am enjoying it and I can excuse some of my mistakes by saying that it's part of the story line for Tribman is writing an amateur blog not a college thesis.

I slept late this morning so had to hit the ground running. I worked on a sermon for tonight and also on one for Sunday night. I went to the office and worked on the copy machine. It needed a new toner cartridge and drum. It turned out to be an easy job. Janie was at curves while I was at the office so I met her there and handed her a chocolate milkshake when she got in the car. She said something about wishing she had gone a little longer on the exercise machines. She seemed to be happy about the treat. I guess I could have gotten her some flowers instead but the shake seemed to be a hit.

Its off to Henderson tonight and school in the morning. I will go by Bro. Davis' house to check on him and see if he needs anything. If not I will head over to my mother's house for a visit and then to my brother's. Friday is back to school in the morning and then the afternoon will be free. I may be able to squeeze in a 6 to 9 mile hike and that would be great, will see. The picture is one of my favorites of Janie. God bless you.


No comments: