Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rain


Janie found her great aunt's unmarked grave. This picture is of her standing at the head of the grave. The marker nearest her is her great aunt's husband who had a marker only because he was in the Army. Janie's Dad has been wanting to find this grave for he remembers going to this cemetery with his mother. Where you see our car in the distance is where we parked when Janie's parents were with us. My father-in-law's memory is fairly good. He missed this grave's location by about 30 feet. Not bad for having last been to the cemetery some 66 years ago.
It rained on us just about all day today. Everywhere we were today it rained. I failed to check our rain gauge when we got back home this evening so I do not know how much we had. This morning I worked on a project for my mother-in-law and then on the website for Bro. Davis. We went by to see Janie's uncle and then we stopped by Bro. Davis for a visit and to return some pictures I had borrowed. He was feeling much better today. We stopped at Wal-Mart on our way home to pick up a few things. It is good to be home. I will finish the 15th chapter of Revelation this Sunday and may start the 16th.

Next week I need to start working on the church letter forms for our State Baptist Association. Maybe my grandchildren will help me fold and stuff those 300 letters and envelopes like they did last year. Our local association meets the first Saturday in October and I am the clerk for that Association as well. My goal is to have the minutes of the local meeting ready by the end of October.

Well its off to bed now and up early in the morning. God bless you.

No comments: