Friday, September 4, 2009

Summer Breeze


I went this morning to take my in-law's trash over to Janie's uncle's house. He has trash pick up and the Taylor's do not. Bare in mind that he is in his 90's. This picture is of Him and his wife a few years ago. His wife died a couple of years back. I sat in his living room and visited for a while and then he asked if I had time to take him to town to run a few errands. I drive very slowly when I am with him for he often points out things that I never notice. He tells me stories about the various houses and lands that we pass. We made several stops in town and then he wanted to take me out for lunch. There is a cafe in town that serves really good home style meals. We ate our lunch talking the whole time. When we got back to his place we sat outside and watched the breeze moving the leaves which have begun to yellow. He told me stories of people he has known and it came to me that I was as relaxed as I have ever been sitting there in the shade hearing stories that happened many many years ago. TV upsets me. The news is rarely good. Most places I go I have work to do. Work is good and one ought to live a productive life and work hard but its good to stop and enjoy a summer breeze and the company and wisdom of someone with a world of life experiences. I took out my cell phone which has the ability to record sound. I pressed record and caught 5 minutes of one of his stories. I offered to take him in his truck and check on the cows but he said "They should be fine." I suspect he was exactly right.
Janie has spent the day with her mother and father. The left this morning to go to the beauty shop. Her appointment is at 11:45 but some how they never seem to get home until 4:00. It was great that her father wanted to tag along. He is feeling good and said something about all of us going for a ride this evening and eating out. I expect we will head home sometime tonight. God bless you.
(P.S. it amazes me when I spell check these and it says "no misspelling found." Did I spell "amazes" right?....It says I did!)

No comments: