Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School


This picture is of me the day I graduated from Kilgore College. I received an associate degree in machine tool technologies. This was in 1979 right before we moved to Houston, Texas. I took a job in the engineering department of Hughes Tool Company as a draftsman. That was back when drafting was still done with pencil and paper. I took my first course in computer programing there. I went back to school for more computer programing after returning to Lebus Mfg. Co. in Longview, Texas in November of 1980. I went to 12 years of public school, 1 year of plumbing school, 5 years to Kilgore College, and 9 years to Texas Baptist Institute and Seminary. I am back in school again for at least 2 more years. This means I will have attended 29 years of school. That is over half my life. One might think that Paul Clark likes school. I plan to be a student of the Bible from now on so school, for me, has no end.
Tomorrow finds me at the hospital first thing and then a meeting in the afternoon at 1:00. The sermon for tomorrow night will take highest priority after the hospital call. The Sunday school lesson will be next followed by Tribman episode 12. This should take me to the Wednesday night service then its off to Henderson. If the sky is clear when we arrive we may sit on that tailgate again and enjoy that waning gibbous moon. God bless you.

No comments: