Monday, September 14, 2009

Infernal

One of Webster's definitions of infernal is "extremely troublesome, annoying." I looked that word up today while I was waiting on hold with the IRS. I have spent almost my whole day with the IRS. Though I am a God called Spirit led Pastor and preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I am still a man of "like passions with you." (Acts 14:15) I consider myself a fairly patient and gentle soul. If that word comes to my mind when dealing with them I shutter to think what must be on the minds of those with less scruples than I. One of the agents with which I spoke asked me "How are you today?" I replied, "Well I am on the phone with the IRS so it can't be the greatest of days." He was the third person to whom I had spoken during the course of the day. I did remain civil at the least and pleasant most of the time. I know they have a tough job so I do feel compassion for them. I will call them every week until they get their problem straitened out. I do not want to go to Tax Court over this but may have to yet. It has become a matter of principle to me now. Don't you hate it when that happens. I have allowed them to kill my whole day. After this blog I will resolve to be in a better mood and enjoy the rest of my day. I may share my story one day here on this blog so that others may learn from my experience. I will change the names to protect the innocent.
We plan to go see this little guy (pictured) tonight. He was born Wednesday and I figured the proud parents would not mind at all me posting his picture here. Clint is doing very well. Here is the latest text message I got from his mother : "Clint is to be released from hospital tomorrow to go to apt. after 5 long months. Prayers have been answered and miracles still happen! Several more months of rehab and a few surgeries in his future but God is good!" God bless you.

No comments: