Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tooth Ache


There is a savior. Jesus Christ the righteous. His blood cleanses us from all sins. I am so glad that He sought me and called me to repentance. I am so glad I responded to His call by confessing my sin and asking Him for mercy. I became a child of God in October 1962.

Clint was in Church again today. He seems well though he still has a long road to recovery. What a great Lord's day this has been in spite of the fact that I have a tooth ache. I told my dentist a year ago that I thought I had a problem with this tooth but he said it looked fine to him. It just did not feel right to me. Now it hurts and I am guessing it may need to have a root canal or pulling. Which ever it may be I hope they can do it Monday cause I need some relief. I have not had a tooth ache since 1979 when my only root canal was done. I probably could have had it fixed last Friday but I just chose not to. I felt my tooth should take a back seat for the welfare of others.

Our new cable TV service is working very well. It took us a little bit of head scratching to figure out how to set it up but all in all it was not bad. I was proud we could do it without calling tech support.

The doctoral work is not progressing well. At this rate the deadline will be missed. The best thing to do is set a time for working on it and stick to it. In Henderson helping those in need keeps ending up taking the place of working on the Thesis. Right now the work can be done anywhere but later on it will have to be done at the TBI Library.

Well it is time to head back over to the church house. I have prepared a new sermon this afternoon from the 15th Psalm and I am anxious to preach it. The picture is of supper at my mother-in-law's. She cooked Salmon patties, biscuits, and gravy. These Salmon patties had buttermilk in them and had an interesting flavor. God bless you.

No comments: