Thursday, September 24, 2009

Surgery


Mother came through her surgery okay. She was nauseated afterward and her blood pressure was very low after they gave her something for the nausea. After a bit they checked her again and it was up enough to let her go. We made it home about 12:30 and she was still nauseated. She lay down on the couch and we began the regiment of replacing her "Swiss Mask" every 10 minutes. We have to dip this thing in ice water to keep it cold. The picture is of my brother at her bedside after the surgery. He is sitting with her right now and Janie and I will go back over there this evening to spend the night. In the morning the mask will not have to be changed as often only enough to keep the swelling down. My brother must take his wife to the train station in the morning. Her mother lies near death in California. Steve will return to relieve us Friday morning so that Janie and I can see after her parents and their appointments.
We will see how tonight goes and stay through Saturday if we are needed. Janie is napping while I blog and I need to awaken her so we can get some supper and head back over to mother's. God bless you.

No comments: