Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Consult


Mother's surgery turned out to be just a consult with the surgeon. They have scheduled her actual surgery for September 24th at 7:30 AM. We got to her appointment this morning an hour early. Even the receptionist was shocked we were there that early. The picture is one I took while we waited to see the doctor. My aunt Maxine came in while we were waiting for the Doctor in the exam room and sprang the news on us that this was not the surgery but just a consultation. It was good for us to be there so we could here for ourselves what the surgeon said. They will be putting her under for the surgery. She will have to have someone to stay with her for a few days afterward.

My father-in-law's PSA was up and I am not sure what they plan to do about that. Janie's oldest sister is going to have surgery the same day that her dad is having a bone scan. Health care is in the news so much and as a pastor and a member of the baby boomer generation I spend a lot of time in health care facilities. It makes me thankful that my wife and I are healthy.

I must get to work on the sermon for Sunday. This second picture I took on our way to Henderson yesterday. It is a cotton field in Hill county. God bless you.

No comments: