Monday, January 24, 2011

Sing and Preach

The grandkids by a water fall at the nursing home in Henderson
We went to the nursing home this morning and there was a huge crowd gathered for the services. I think it was the largest I have ever seen there before.  I led the singing and preached a sermon from the book of Proverbs.  It was a really good service.  I had a lot to get done today.  I went to the Post Office twice and to a couple of different stores. I got our local association minute books packaged and mailed off.  I went to the office at the church and did a little work there.  I still need to get the oil changed in our car and it also needs a couple of new tires. I will attempt to get this done this week.  We are going to have a mini birthday party at the ladies Bible study in the morning for one of the ladies whose birthday is this week. She does not have internet access at home so those of you who read this and know her please do not tell.
I have been seeing on the news that Massachusetts has been having a tough winter.  I am very thankful to be living in Texas where our winter has been very mild so far.  God bless you.  

No comments: