Friday, January 14, 2011

A Little Sleep, A Little Slumber...

Janie taking a nap in the car
Janie did not get much sleep last night.  She came to bed about 3:00 and then got up at 4:00 to get ready to go with me to Arlington.  The surgery there went well and we made it back home.  We packed our bags and headed for Henderson.  Janie slept for about an hour in the car and then woke up to get back to work on her job.  We went strait to the nursing home and arrived to the news that they needed to take Janie's dad to the emergency room to see the doctor. 
My in-laws back at the nursing home.
I carried my brother-in-law back home and then went to the emergency room to relieve Janie so she could get to the house and get some rest.  I took my mother-in-law out to eat and then returned to the Hospital.  I went into the ER area and talked with my father-in-law and then returned to the waiting area to sit with my mother-in-law.  While we waited their pastor arrived and we visited for a while.  I thought that I had better check on things so I went back to the ER area to find out that a half hour earlier they had sent my father-in-law back to the nursing home and had not told us.  We went back to the nursing home and he was doing okay.  I had to stop by the auto parts place and get some parts for my in-law's van.  They did not have what I needed in stock so they ordered it and next week I will fix the back door of their van so it won't hit people in the head anymore. 
Maybe tonight we will get a little more sleep.  God bless you.

No comments: