Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We are on our way to Henderson as I write this blog. I drove the first half of the way and Janie is driving the second. We slept late this morning and after a late breakfast I went for a four mile walk. I worked on the sermon for Sunday and did some computer work.  My daughter, Sarah, is having some computer problems and I may have to go over to her house tomorrow to see if I can help fix the problem.  Sarah's is very good with computers and she may have done all that can be done we will see.  Sunday is Father's day and that is one of the reasons we are going to Henderson.  We have a gift for Janie's dad and she needs to spend some time with him.  I will most likely take my mother-in-law for her appointment on Friday and let Janie stay with her dad.  We will be back home Friday night so we can spend Saturday packing for our trip.  I stayed up late last night finishing up 2 Sunday bulletins, one for this Sunday and the other for next.  I figure I will not have time to work on it while we are at the ABA messenger meeting. 
We had exceptionally good services tonight.  I preached from 2 Timothy chapter 3 on the subject of "Dangerous Times."  I started working on a new sermon yesterday for Father's Day.  I will not preach it this Sunday but will have it ready to go for next Father's Day.  I am going to use the text where Solomon called for a sword to cut the baby in half.  The title of the sermon is "Absent Fathers."  The sermon needs a lot of work yet so it will have to wait until next year.  I plan to preach Sunday from the story of the prodigal son. 
We have a whole lot of kids signed up for camp.  I like to take kids to camp and have always enjoyed camp.  It is the perfect environment for drawing close to God.  You spend your day from 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM with no radios, tv's, Internet, video games, and phones.  You get away from the world and its bad influence and focus on the things of God.  I am like some of the kids at camp when it comes to the last day.  They want to live at camp.  It would be good for people to start every day with prayer and Bible reading even before breakfast.  It would be good for people to not watch TV but to worship instead.  Camp is a wonderful place.
The picture is of lunch at VBS last Saturday. God bless you.

No comments: