Friday, June 18, 2010

Keeps Me Singing As I Go

The title of this blog post is a quote from a song in our hymnal.  The song expresses the constant joy that true, walking by faith not by sight, children of God have every day. As I go through life there comes my way troubles and some of these are big and very disturbing.  But when I consider the one in whom I have believed my troubles seem so small.  I truly can say HE keeps me singing as I go.  
We noticed as we arrived here last night that the night sounds here in the country are very loud.  There are a whole host of insects, birds, frogs, and toads making a great symphony of sound.  It reminds me of my childhood when we would stay the night with our grandparents on their farm.  They had no A/C so we slept with the windows open.  I don't much remember the heat just the sounds of the night.  
We went over to Sarah's and Justin's house this afternoon to work on  a computer problem.  We made good progress with the problem but won't know until tomorrow if it is fixed completely.  We went out to eat with them and as always we enjoyed the visit.
I am going to visit with Janie's uncle in the morning and then take my mother-in-law for her appointment in Tyler.  While there I should get a lot of reading done on the Song of Songs.  The picture is of Janie's family when she was little. She is the one on the right.  God bless you.

No comments: