Monday, June 21, 2010

Made it to the ABA

At church Sunday my Sunday School class voted to give Janie and me $100.00 to be spent on something to eat while we are at the meeting.  After church another member gave me $20.00 and told me to take Janie out to eat so she would not have to eat Spam all the time while on our trip.  Well I must report that, as you can see from the picture, we have indeed eaten out per their request. 
We made it to Jackson, TN. last night where we got about 5 hours sleep before getting up at 4:00 this morning to complete our journey.  I drove 9 hours yesterday and three hours today.  Janie took over for me and drove while I slept.  We have the booth all set up and ready to go.  We went shopping at the Mall that is right across the street from the convention center.  It is a three story tall Mall and it was good to take a long walk after such a long drive.  I plan to get to bed early this evening and get a good nights rest.  I will be posting blogs during the meeting to keep you informed as to how things are going.  Our room is nice though this is the first time we have not had a desk in our room.  We have a small round table and that will have to serve as our desk.  God bless you. 

No comments: