Sunday, March 1, 2009

Eucharist


Eucharist is another word for the Lord's Supper. It is taken from the Greek verb which means to give thanks. It is what Jesus did before He gave the cup to His disciples. The Lord's Supper is certainly an observance that makes one thankful. We observed the Lord's Supper in our evening services tonight and though it is sobering to think about the suffering of Christ it does make me thankful that He died for me. This picture is one I took at our church and used it for the cover page of my masters thesis on the Lord's supper.

Tomorrow we will not have our services at the nursing home due to a quarantine there. I will instead get some work done at the office and will be going down to Waco where one of our church members is going to have surgery. I will carry another bus seat with me and bring back the one that is finished. We only have three more seats to go and that project will be finished. We will run the bus this Wednesday night.

No comments: