Friday, March 20, 2009

Dealing with Doubt



The sermon I will preach Sunday is entitled "Dealing with Doubt." It is taken from the story of the apostle Thomas who said he would not believe that Jesus had risen from the dead unless he put his finger in the nail prints and thrust his hand into the spear wound in His side. From this story you learn four things about dealing with doubt. Listen live Sunday on http://www.khbrhillsboro.com/ at 11:00 am USA central time.



We picked up the last of the bus seats today and will install them tomorrow. It will be good to have this project behind us. There are six more weeks of Mid-week Bible school left and for those last weeks the kids will have very comfortable seats for their ride thanks to the hard work of a very hard working generous couple who live in Lorena, Texas. We are going to put together a scrap book for to give to them along with a large thank you note signed by all the kids who ride the bus.



The picture is one I took while hiking on Monday this week. We passed 2 dogwood trees on the trail and this was one of them. In this age of TV and movies we have our senses bombarded with bright flashing colors and fast paced action. I highly recommend turning the TV off and getting out to enjoy nature. The exercise and fresh air are invigorating and stopping to smell the flowers and to enjoy the sights and sounds of the great outdoors gives one a renewed appreciation for our Creator. I am thinking about returning to the Pacific Crest Trail in California to hike another section. I would like to go this year but if I can not maybe I will try again next year. I have not given up on the Idea of hiking across the Grand Canyon. If I can not make it to California this year I may try for the Canyon in the fall.

I will be at the church tomorrow installing the bus seats and getting some work done at the office. I am going to try to get the yard mowed at the parsonage and help Janie with a few things around the house. God bless you.

No comments: