Sunday, March 8, 2009

My day


My day, great. Services, well attended. Fellowship, sweet. Food, really good.
I was greeted in the parking lot of the church this morning by a man asking for help. It seems he had an argument with his wife and while he was passed out in a drunken state she took off in the car and left him stranded without any shoes and no wallet. One of our deacons took care of him getting him to a bus station. Having our church building right off a major interstate Highway brings to our door a lot of people wanting help. Many of these people by their own testimony never attend church but when they need help that is the first place they go. In the six years I have pastored I have lost count of the number of people we have helped. Out of all of these we have received only one thank you note.

Tomorrow I will be preaching at the nursing home and then will take the bus to have its brakes repaired. Between the brakes and the weather forecast it is looking like we may not run the bus Wednesday. The picture is of me and my youngest grandson, Jonathan, taken just a couple of weeks ago. Judging from this picture I think we favor. God bless you.

No comments: