Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rain

This picture is of my grandson on our recent hike. There was a light mist in the air and it was cool so he had his hood up for most of the hike.
It rained a little here yesterday and it sure looks like rain today. We need the rain for we are behind in annual rain fall. I do not run the bus in the rain. The kids we pick up are usually standing outside by the street looking for the bus and I don't like for them to stand out in the rain and most of them will not stand out in the rain and if I don't see them I don't stop. I also do not like to drive in the rain. It takes a great deal of concentration to drive a big bus through the narrow streets of Hillsboro. Kids are distracting enough without adding poor visibility due to rain. We make the decision to run the bus or not at 5:00 pm if it is not raining then and does not look threatening on the radar we run the bus.

I did not explain in my last blog that the picture was of my family back in the 60's. It was taken in the kitchen of our house in Ayer, Mass. If the curtain had been open you would have seen the church building that my dad built. It is still there and the church he organized is still meeting there. It was organized about 1964 making it 45 years old. Wow, how time flies.

The two largest Baptist churches in Hillsboro are both without a pastor. There sure seems to be a shortage of men surrendering to the call. I pray that God will call more men to preach and that they will answer that call. A lot of good churches are without pastors. I was in our church library yesterday and was looking over the pictures of the pastors who were at Walnut Street before me. I have been pastor of Walnut Street for over 6 years now and I will have to be here 3 times as long to surpass Bro. Paul Owens who was here for 18 years. I look forward to serving the Lord here for as long as He allows. God bless you.

No comments: