Saturday, March 7, 2009

Water On The Hands


Elisha was described as the one who poured water on the hands of Elijah. Elijah was a great prophet indeed and Elisha would end up with a double portion of his spirit. But in 2 Kings 3:11 Elisha was not known as a great prophet he was recognized more for the fact that He had been the servant of Elijah. In the eyes of the King and his servants Elisha was important and significant because of his servile relationship with the great prophet Elisha. Friday I went over to Bro. Davis' house and when I entered the first words I said to Sis. Davis were "I am here to pour water on the hands." Bro. Davis put me to work right away. We moved a pile of firewood, removed an electrical wire from the ground and disconnected it from the breaker box, went to the store and got an ink cartridge for his printer and installed it, and did some work on his computer. It was a great day and the whole time we worked we talked about such things as the Song of Solomon, The rich young ruler, saved by the blood, nursing homes, and strange noises in his house. At one point we were talking about Ezekiel chapter one that describes the scene that Ezekiel saw of God on His throne. Bro. Davis paused and said to me "I don't want to rub it in but it looks like I am going to get to see the Lord before you do." The picture above is one I took of him at Wal-Mart where we bought the ink and some paper for his printer. I plan to spend 2 Fridays a month with Bro. Davis and though he says that is a great blessing to him the real blessing, like with Elisha's double portion, is mine.

I did manage to go for a short walk while over in Henderson. As you can see from the picture I was casting a very long shadow while on my walk. The weather was great about 80 degrees. Janie and I help her mother fill out their income tax. It was actually fun. Janie filled the form in on the computer while I added up the numbers and her mother handed me the 1099's and such that we needed. I kept picking on her about first one thing then another kind of teasing with her and Janie kept saying "Hey that's my mother your picking on so cut it out." We got it done and off in the mail. We returned to Hillsboro Friday night and I went ahead and pushed the clocks forward an hour so we lost our sleep last night instead of tonight.

On Thursday I went over to my brother's to work on the house and I helped him install a ceiling fan and a florescent light fixture. He got the hang of it and when I returned several hours later to fix a problem with the light switch I discovered he had installed the light fixture on the front porch while I was gone. He was proud of himself and I was proud of him. They seem to like their new home really well and mother sure likes having them so close. I took this picture of my mother while I was there. We needed to borrow some light bulbs from her so Steve and I went down to her house for a short visit. She made it clear she wanted him to replace her spare bulbs and he assured her that he would.
Well I had better get to work on the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. We are going to have a fellowship luncheon right after our morning services tomorrow and I need to help Janie plan what we are going to fix to take. I am thinking about cooking a brisket, we'll see. God bless you.

No comments: