Sunday, March 29, 2009

Walking

I frequently walk a circle inside the house. Yesterday as I walked for an hour and a half I passed by this lovely scene. Janie was playing the piano, going over the songs for Sunday, so I picked up the camera and snapped this picture. It is a great blessing to have a wife as good as mine. Truly the Bible is right (Proverbs 18:22) "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD."

We had a good day today, great services at church and we talked to Jason and Angie over in France, I talked to my daughter Sarah, to my brother Steve, to my mother, and to my Sister Peggy. It was a busy afternoon. After our evening services we went home and had pizza for supper then watched the movie "Enchanted." I just thought it would be nice to take an evening off and enjoy sitting and watching a movie with my sweet wife.

The week is going to be really busy. Monday finds us out on visitation at the nursing home in the morning. We plan to make a trip down to visit a lady in a nursing home in Waco after lunch. Sermon for next Sunday will begin to take shape Monday night. We have the Ladies over for the ladies Bible Study on Tuesday morning and Tuesday night we will be back in Waco for Bible Study with the Faith church. Wednesday we run the bus and Thursday I will spend with my mother and help her get a new TV while Janie spends Thursday with her parents at the doctor's offices in Tyler. Friday I will be at TBI to work on my doctoral prospectus then its back to Hillsboro where Saturday I hope to do some serious spring cleaning around the parsonage. The picture is of the people gathering at the Towne Hall nursing home here in Hillsboro for the Monday morning service. God bless you.


No comments: