Thursday, March 12, 2009

Maverick


One of the definitions of "maverick" is "a motherless calf." One of the candidates for president kept being called a "maverick." Makes you wonder what is meant by such a term when it is applied to a person. Motherless calves will usually die unless someone goes to a lot of trouble to care for them.
This picture is of 2 of my grand kids watching TV at my in-law's house. Judging from the look on their faces you would think they were watching some suspense filled thriller but they were watching an old black and white episode of "Maverick." They do not watch TV at home but they do read a lot. Notice who has the remote. Starts early doesn't it.
I will be spending most of tomorrow in Dallas at a hospital. When I get back from there I will put the finishing touches on the sermon for Sunday night and work on the Sunday School lesson. I plan to go hiking with my grandson on Monday. There is a hiking trail near where he lives called Turkey Creek. We will camp out and hike some more on Tuesday morning. We will return to home on Tuesday and get back to the grind stone. I really did not get much done today on my day off. I helped my in-laws get their new van to the shop where they will install a wheelchair lift in it. We went out to eat with them before returning home. We are back in Hillsboro now and it is past my bedtime. Got to get up early in the morning. God bless you.

No comments: