Monday, March 23, 2009

The 60's

The 1960's were an eventful year for me, my parents, and siblings. We moved from Timpson, Texas to Harvard, Mass. in 1963. We moved to Ayer, Mass about 1966 where my dad built a garage, house, and a church building. Most of what I remember of that decade was the work. We tore down an Army chapel building on Fort Devens and piled it in our backyard where we spent untold hours pulling nails and stacking lumber. We moved that pile of wood to Ayer where we built the church building. Looking back on the 60's I admire my dad. He was ambitious and hard working. He set a goal and achieved it. The above picture was taken by Ted Sauceman whose son my mother baby sat. I think he was a photographer for the Army. He was stationed at Fort Devens.
We had a good day today. I preached at the nursing home and then went to a going away luncheon for the lady who coordinates the Monday morning nursing home services. We finished installing the bus seats and have it ready to go. I spent this afternoon working on lessons for the ladies Bible study. I will be teaching them each Tuesday morning for the next several weeks. We will be going over the end time events in the book of Revelation. Our services Sunday were well attended and we had good services. Tuesday night we will be going down to Waco for services there. Wednesday I plan to be in Waco for a surgery there and then over to Whitney for the family visitation connected with the funeral on Thursday. We will run the bus Wednesday night and Thursday I will preach at a funeral. Thursday night I will visit with my brother and my mother in Henderson and Friday I will spend with Bro. Davis. Saturday I plan to spend working on my prospectus. Sunday the sermon will be from the book of John if I can get it typed up by then. God bless you.

No comments: