Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Schubert


I was not familiar with the works of Franz Schubert until today. I went to get my hair cut and the lady who cuts my hair baby sits her granddaughter who is 2 years old. She is a sweet girl and she had a toy piano which played music. I noticed 4 pictures of 4 composers and you could press them and hear some of their music. I recognized each composition except Schubert's. I was not familiar with his music. It caused me to google him and check out his music. We went by the church afterward and installed 2 bus seats. We are home now getting ready for tonight's Bible school. We will pick up the kids and try out our new schedule.

I feel much better today and have gotten my prospectus back from my oldest daughter. She painted it up real good, highlighting my mistakes and poor wording. She did a real good job working it over. I had to concur with all of her suggested changes. I have not gotten them all corrected yet but hope to get them done by this evening. After the proof reading and correct process is over all I will have left to do is complete the bibliography then bind and turn it in. Once accepted I will pay my tuition fee and then get after the real work.

The sermon I have prepared for Sunday is going to entitled "Saved by the Blood of the Crucified one." Its main purpose will be to express the importance of salvation. I am excited about this sermon because there is no doubt that it is the one God wants me to preach. It came to me as I was reading through the Bible that men's lives are full of vanity and only one thing really matters. Our relationship with God is the most important factor in life. I am praying that God will cause those who need to hear this message to tune in or show up for the services.

We will head over to Henderson tonight after services. Janie will be taking her dad for blood work and I will work with my brother on the Clark place. I am going to get some serious walking in also and will spend Friday with Bro. Davis. The picture is of my oldest grandson, Joshua, on our last hike. I am looking forward to hiking with him again here in a couple of weeks. God bless you.

No comments: